Chumphon Mission Trip 2.0

09:18


       Due to my busy September and October's schedule, I had stopped my a book in a month challenge. Even though it sounds like an excuse, I had readjusted my schedule so that I am able to catch up with the progress. 

            So, what have I done in the month of September and October? I was in Melbourne, visiting my brother in September. I got to clear one of my 2016's goals in October, which was to go on mission trip. This Chumphon mission trip was lead by Pastor Matthew, who is from Li Xin Baptist Church. It was my second time participated Chumphon mission trip. I was in dilemma when the pastor told me the exact date of the mission trip. The mission trip started from 8th October until 13th October.  It requested me to take a total of 7 days leaves as I need to travel all the way from Kuala Lumpur to Penang. When I was devastated, I decided to negotiate with pastor. I was given the green light to join the second half of the trip. I was fortunate that God send me an angel who was willing to accompany me throughout this crazy trip. The name of the angel is Kimberly. We have known each other for more than a decade and yet this is my first time going on a mission trip with her. She was someone who brought me back to church when I was lost. We are like superb, doing crazy things together. I am glad that God brought her to my life. 

            I am blessed with a bunch of understanding colleagues as well. Despite of taking so many days off, my salary was not deducted. Yup, before going for the mission trip, I have prep myself with the mindset that my salary will get deducted due to the 4 days advance leave. However, God is good all the time. Despite of providing me with enough funding, he had prepared me from future financial shortage. Yup, some of you may thought I was crazy for being so bold. I would like to think that if you are able to trust in him, he shall provide you. You would not be worry about your future. God has his plan and he will take care of you as we are God's children. 

             Similar to previous year, we have the opportunity to organize a vacation bible school for the children in Chumphon. The event was partially sponsor by the Chumphon Rotary Club. The theme of the VBS is journey of the map. As usual, I was the photographer of the VBS. I do enjoy being a photographer of the camp as you have the privilege to take all the ugly photos of your team members. However, it was a disaster for me when it came to make videos. This is because I need to crack my head to think of the video flow. I had decided to think of the concept I want before going for the trip. Check up the video above. Even though it was not perfect, I had put much effort into it. It basically summarise the whole mission trip. I was over the moon when I saw familiar faces coming to the VBS. It had shows that our effort do work out. I hope that God will show mercy on Chumphon and Thailand as there was underwent difficult political condition. May God provide them with glory and peace of mind. Amen. 

              I would like to end this post with my favourite kid. Omo ><, she is too cute. 



                
Regards,
ME :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook